OleumTech Launches 3 New WIO Wireless I/O Modules
New Wireless I/O Modules Offer High Performance Wireless Connectivity and Quick Commissioning
Irvine, CA, July 26, 2012 – OleumTech Corporation, a leading manufacturer of industrial wireless automation systems, today announced its release of three new Wireless I/O Modules for the WIO® System: Analog Input, Digital I/O, and Multi-I/O. These new Modules enable wireless connectivity; eliminating the need for secondary WIO® Wireless Gateways to a network for adding additional inputs or outputs (I/O) in remote fields. Furthermore, the three new Wireless I/O Modules simplify setup & operation while reducing overall equipment cost.
The new Wireless I/O Modules are designed to communicate with the primary Wireless Gateway in a network as point-to-point end nodes attached to field devices for such applications as pressure monitoring, wireless valve control, emergency shutdown, mirror I/O, triggering alarm, and many other mission-critical process monitoring and control applications. In addition, the Wireless Multi-I/O Module supports Modbus Master (read/write) feature for added automation control function. The new Modules are available in 900 MHz or 2.4 GHz radio option.
“We have made every effort in designing the new Wireless I/O Modules to be quick to commission and easy to use. These devices operate using the latest BreeZ 4.0 platform ensures highest level of performance and reliability,” said Vrej Isa, COO at OleumTech.
- Wireless Analog Input Module is equipped for 4 Analog inputs (0-10 V or 4-20 mA operation / independent channel configuration)
- Wireless Digital I/O Module features 6 Discrete/Digital channels for mixed inputs or outputs
- Wireless Multi-I/O Module encompasses 4 Analog inputs and 4 Discrete/Digital channels for inputs or outputs + Modbus Master (read/write) functionality
- Up to 40-mile RF range (Actual range vary depending on setup and location)
- Embedded Optimal RF setup guide using RSSI tag (Received Signal Strength Indicator)
- Compatible with BreeZ 4.0 Software
- Require Wireless Gateway Firmware Update to version 22.214.171.124
OleumTech Corporation is a leading manufacturer of industrial automation systems that represents the new paradigm of remote monitoring and control. The patented WIO® System eliminates costs associated with running cables and digging trenches with the use of its wireless tank monitoring, wellhead monitoring and peer-to-peer oilfield automation solutions. Forming the foundation of a highly scalable, peer-to-peer wireless infrastructure, the WIO System enables “last mile” connectivity in any wireless SCADA and telemetry application.